NetFlow 2.1 new features:
I've a many new ideas with NetFlow, for example maybe
somebody wants detect group of users (one group users
access to web pages with technical literature, another
group of users can access into military literature).
This can help to excellent planning of network capacities.
- support of netflow data export (NDE) version 9,
- fully distributed architecture, with swap support into
local-file when data database is down,
- new graphs and statistics (eg. AS distribution, in/out
- possibility to specify, what you want save (which netflow items -
someone want save all items, someone want save only IP addresses and protocol),
- heuristics detection of used application (based on used ports and connection tracking),
- duplicity removing (in case more sources collected into
- routing loop detection,
- route flapping detection.
New features you can find in commercial package
Caligare Flow Inspector - netflow monitoring software
or go to section About to view other netflow monitoring projects.